I love all the products from Elle’s Studio. This collection called Thankful is full of great various shades of blues and a beautiful pink with a touch of yellow, and feathers, dots and geometric patterns too.
- I haven’t scrapped any photographs of the clear blue Irish skies yet so while the sun was out one-day last week, I took a couple photographs to use with the Stripe patterned paper.
- First, I took a sheet of white Bazzill cardstock and stamped “Clear skies” with a mix of the Jordan Solid and Dots and Stripes alphabet stamps with blue ink.
- Then cut my cardstock down by ¾ of an inch and matted it on the reverse of the Feathers patterned paper so I had a nice red border to contrast with all the blue colours.
- I cut the Stripes patterned paper into a strip of paper to use below the photographs.
- Then cut small 1 inch strips of the Stripes and Feather patterned paper to slot behind my photographs.
- To do this, I only add tape adhesive to the centre of my photographs so I am able to slip these little pieces of patterned paper behind to add layers and interest.
- I used more of the patterned paper to create a border at the top and bottom of the photograph strip.
Embellishing A Layout
- To add embellishment clusters, I cut a banner shape from two of the 1 inch pieces to use as a base for the embellishments (so the buttons and cork pieces aren’t floating in space).
- I used four cork bits from the coordinating Cork Shapes and added a few buttons to fill in some empty space.
- We have a small selection of buttons in our store – but if you are interested in growing your button stash please let us know which colours you are after.
- The only embellishments that are from my stash of random items are the large cork arrows.
- The horizontal stripes were the best place for my title and journaling to go.
- I used some Thickers from my stash and a Precision journaling pen, and this layout is finished and can go into my scrapbook album.