Hi, I wanted to play with some rainbows and made this sweet card for April Showers. All the products I used are listed and linked below, and are available from The Little Paper Tree.
- Trim a card base using Bazzill cardstock, and a card front using watercolour card to 5.5” x 4.25”.
- On the card front I blended Pumice Stone at the bottom of the card, Tumbled Glass in the middle and Mustard Seed at the top of the card. Blending these together so there is a smooth transition of colours.
- I used the Rainbow die cut by Paper Smooches and diecut two rainbows on mixed media paper. From outside to inside I used Peacock Feathers, Wilted Violet, Shabby Shutters, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Festive Berries, and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Inks to colour each ‘band’.
- I used the same colours for the other rainbow but in a different order.
- I adhered one rainbow overhanging at the top and side of the card front and the other rainbow overhanging at the bottom of the card front. I used Multi Medium matte to adhere these in place, and cut off any overhanging parts of the rainbow.
- The embellishments I used are from the Cloud Wood Chips by Freckled Fawn. One cloud was placed on the top of the card with the umbrella near the bottom and the raindrops (to appear as they are falling down from the cloud). The other cloud which says “HI” was placed near to the top rainbow.
- This was then mounted onto the card base using my ATG tape gun.
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Tim Holtz Mini Distress Inks
All items are available from The Little Paper Tree