I wanted to challenge myself to creating some clean and simple one layer cards. I didn’t keep all these cards as one layer but they are all clean and simple. And quite quick to make! All these cards are 4.25 x 5.5 inches and all the supplies are listed at the end of this post.
- For this Thanks card, I had some beautiful Distress Inked smooshed card left over from another project, that I was able to die cut with a hearts die, and placed them in a stripe across the card.
- I also die cut a Thanks from the same Distress Inked piece.
- This is a great design for your cards. It is a quick, easy and simple “one line” design to use.
- This is also an ink blended piece of watercolour card which I then die cut the hearts out.
- To create the distressed background, I blended Pumice Stone into Peacock Feathers at a diagonal, which I flicked some water onto and blotted with a paper towel to get a textured look.
- I cut the hearts die three times so I could place the hearts across the card.
- To finish the card I stamped the sentiment above the hearts.
- The hearts are diecut from smooth white cardstock and adhered “in-lay style”, into the negatives from the distressed panel.
- I love creating distressed backgrounds.
- For the above background, I blend Festive Berries, Picked Raspberry and Spun Sugar onto Mixed Media cardstock, flicked some water onto it and then blotted the water with a paper towel.
- Using the heart border die twice to cut this panel apart and in-lay silver glitter paper cut with the same diecut.
- Inking a piece of cardstock with Festive Berries, and die cut the crazy border die and the crazy die from smooth cardstock.
- Also from smooth cardstock I die cut some extra hearts and used foam tape to adhere the three biggest hearts over the silver border.
- I stamped “about you” in white pigment ink below the “crazy.”
Ranger / Mixed Media Cardstock / Watercolour Paper / Multi Medium Matte / Mini Ink Blending Tool /
Bazzill Basics / Smooth cardstock
Tim Holtz / Distress Ink Pumice Stone / Peacock Feathers / Spun Sugar / Picked Raspberry / Festive Berries
Avery Elle / Simple Said Crazy stamp and die
Paper Smooches / Heart die / Thanks word die
Altenew / Watercolour Wonders stamp set / Painted Poppies stamp set / Half Tone Happy stamp set / Crisp Ink: Buttercream / Caramel Toffee / Ruby Red / Frayed Leaf / Forest Glade
Memento / Tuxedo Black ink
American Crafts / Jewel Cardstock Pad
DCWV / Glitzy Glitter Cardstock
Precision Tip / Glue Applicator
Lawn Fawn / Acrylic Block / Yeti ink
All the supplies used are available from our online shop.