I love playing with layering stamp sets and trying out different colour combinations. I create two simple yet elegant greeting cards with Altenew stamps, co-ordinating dies and ink sets. Which colour do you prefer for these flowers?
For both cards, I stamped all the leaves and flowers from the Watercolour Wonders stamp set on mixed media cardstock. I used Shades of Purple ink to stamp the flowers. Soft Lilac for the first layer, Lavender Fields for the second layer and Deep Iris for the third layer.
- I didn’t try to follow the guide and get these layered images stamped perfectly.
- These are designed to give a loose painted effect so they don’t have to be perfect.
- As long as my layers mostly stayed inside the base flower images they would die cut fine. One big flower and two smaller flowers.
- Frayed Leaf for my leaf base stamp and Forest Glades for the second layer. I made 5 leaf images.
Making The Card
I trimmed a piece of purple cardstock to 4 x 5.25” and mounted this to a 4.25” by 5.5” side folding card. Using foam tape to adhere my flowers and leaves in a cluster at the bottom right hand side of the card.
I stamped a sentiment from the Label Love stamp set and trimmed this to leave a small border and foam mounted this onto my card. Midnight Violet to stamp the sentiment. To add the finishing touches to this card I added a few white sequins.
I try to take my cards to the next ‘level’. For this blue card I trimmed watercolour card to 4.25” x 5.5” and used Ocean Waves and an ink blending tool to colour the card blue. I started in the bottom right corner and blended out the colour so I wouldn’t have any harsh lines.
I used the same flowers from the Watercolour Wonders stamp set and used the Cool Summer Nights ink set. The base flower image was stamped in Sea Glass, with Ocean Waves as the second layer.
I only stamped the third layer on one flower – with Dusk ink, then die cut these out with the co-ordinating dies. To add some contrast, I stamped another leaf stamp in Dark Chocolate from the Four Scoops ink set.
Layering the flowers on foam tape to add some dimension and adhered the leaves to fill in the ‘gaps’. I used some dark blue card to add a very thin border behind the watercolour piece. On the left hand side I added a small stripe of gold glitter paper and used the crop-o-dile to punch some small circles, for adding to the centre of the black sequins.
- I didn’t have the Sand Eraser when I made this card and I got an inky fingerprint which I needed to cover.
- Used the largest black sequins to cover the ink part and added a punched gold circle to cover the center of the sequin.
- Added a sprinkling of sequins and gold dots to further embellish this card.
- Added a simple sentiment of ‘Hello’ in black ink, and used foam tape to add some dimension.
Label Love Stamp set
Shades of Purple, Cool Summer Nights, Four Scoops
Bazzill Basics Heavy Weight Cardstock
DCWV Glitzy Glitter paper pad
We R Memory Keepers White & Black Sequins