Ori Kami Altenew Stamped Cards

posted in: Blog, jeni 0

I love this stamp set by Altenew! As soon as I saw it I knew I would be making a lot of cards with this Ori Kami stamp set.  The list of supplies I used with clickable links are listed at the bottom of this blog post.

What would you do with this stamp set? Let me know in the comments.



I trimmed a piece of watercolour paper to 4 ¼” by 5 ½”.
I lined up my stamps using the grid lines on my acrylic block and stamped the images repeatedly with black Archival ink. I started with the third row, then turned my acrylic block upside down to stamp the next row until the whole watercolour panel was covered.

I wanted to add some loose washes of colours with Distress Markers. I scribbled Festive Berries, Squeezed Lemonade, Ripe Persimmon, Iced Spruce, Mowed Lawn, Evergreen Bough, Picked Raspberry and Seedless Preserves onto an acrylic block and used a water brush to move the colour around on my wet background. I tried to keep each image just one colour but let the colours blend into each other.

While this was drying I stamped the sentiment from the same Altenew stamp set with Versafine because it is on watercolour paper and I wanted to make sure that I got a good impression. I used a banner die by Avery Elle and used foam tape to adhere this to the left side of

the card. This is a 4 ¼” by 5 ½” top folding card.



On another piece of watercolour paper I stamped the elephant, crane, fish and bird in a line at the bottom of the card. I scribbled some Squeezed Lemonade, Ripe Persimmon and Festive Berries Distress markers onto an acrylic block and added some colour at the bottom of the panel. (Ripe Persimmon, Festive Berries, Ripe Persimmon, Squeezed Lemonade). I turned this panel upside down, added more colour and more water and taped this panel against my table to get some colour moving. I also squeezed out some clear Wink Of Stella and moved this over the coloured part so add a nice shimmery shine.


I stamped the sentiment onto watercolour paper and die cut this out using another banner die by Avery Elle and adhered this to the watercolour panel with foam tape. I trimmed the watercolour panel so I can have a tiny mat of red card stock underneath to tie in the red from the watercolouring. I adhered this to a 4 ¼” by 5 ½” side folding card base.


ALTENEW Ori Kami Stamp Set
RANGER / Watercolour Card / Foam Tape / Archival Black Ink
TIM HOLTZ / Distress Marker Set
TSUKINEKO / Versafine Onyx Black Ink
AVERY ELLE / Banner Die
ZIG / Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Pen
LAWN FAWN / Acrylic Block


Remember to check out our blog posts for fresh ideas
Visit our Facebook, Twitter , Instagram and our Pinterest

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *