I enjoyed making some woodland forest scenes with these cute critters – they are so fun to colour! The list of supplies I used to make these cards are listed and linked below. All the featured products are available at our shop.
- Firstly, I stamped three trees, critters and seven flowers from the Woodland Wonders Stamp Set by Avery Elle onto Mixed Media card. Colouring using the Zig Real Brush Colour Markers, and then die cut them using the co-ordinating dies.
- Using Distress Inks to add the sky and grass on my watercolour card front. Tumbled Glass distress ink to create a sky, and blending Shabby Shutters and Pine Needles to create some grass.
- I want to add the flower in the bunnies paw, so I cut a small hole near the bunny paws to look as though she is holding a flower
- The animals and trees are foam adhered onto the ink blended card to give dimension. The birdie in the nest is placed on the branch of the tree and the rest of the flowers are adhered around the tree bases using tombow liquid glue.
- I stamped the grass blade stamp in Pine Needles in clumps around the flowers, and at the top of the grassy area.
- The sentiment “Happy Wishes” is stamped onto white cardstock and die cut out, with the coordinating die. I use foam tape to give the banner some dimension and placed it so that it looks as though it is hanging between the trees.
- Finally, mounting this watercolour panel onto a 4.25” by 5.5” top folding card base.
- I stamped one owl and two bunnies from the Woodland Wonders Stamp Set by Avery Elle, and colour with the Zig Real Brush Colour Markers. Then die cut them using the co-ordinating die set. The tree was already die cut, see above.
- Next, I worked on the watercolour card front again using distress inks to ink blend a sky and grass. The colours are the same as above. I then placed the tree upside down at lefthand side of card. The owl on the tree branch and the two bunnies on the grass area. With foam tape on all these animals and tree to give these some dimension.
- I stamped the grass blade stamp in clumps around the bunnies using the Pine Needles green ink.
- The sentiment is from the same stamp set and stamped on white cardstock using black Archival ink, die cut using the banner die.
- I place this across the top righthand side of the card using foam tape. I mounted this onto a 4.25” by 5.5” side folding card base.
Avery Elle / Woodland Wonders stamp and die
Bazzill Basics / Marshmallow Cardstock
Tim Holtz / Distress ink – Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters, Pine Needles
Tombow / Mono Aqua Liquid Glue
Lawn Fawn / Acrylic Block
Remember to check out our blog posts for fresh ideas