I enjoyed making some woodland forest scenes with these cute critters! They are so fun to colour and there are so many ways to using this stamp set. As always, the list of supplies I used to make these cards are listed and linked below. All the featured products are available at our shop. .
- I started this card by stamping three trees, one bunny, one bird, the birdie in nest and seven flowers from the Woodland Wonders Stamp Set by Avery Elle onto Mixed Media card. I coloured these in using the Zig Real Brush Colour Markers, then die cut them using the co-ordinating dies.
- To add some sky and grass on my watercolour card front, I blended Tumbled Glass distress ink to create a sky, and blending Shabby Shutters and Pine Needles to create some grass.
- I cut a small hole near the bunny paws so that I could put a flower in her paws, to look as though she is holding a flower
- The animals and trees are adhered onto the ink blended card front using foam tape (to give dimension). The birdie in the nest was placed on the branch of the tree and the rest of the flowers were adhered around the tree bases using tombow glue.
- I stamped the grass stamp in Pine Needles in clumps around the flowers and at the top of the grassy area.
- The sentiment “Happy Wishes” was stamped onto white cardstock and die cut out, with the coordinating die. I used foam tape to give the banner some dimension and placed it so that it looks as though it is hanging between the trees.
- I mounted this watercolour panel onto a 4.25” by 5.5” top folding card base.
- I stamped one owl and two bunnies from the Woodland Wonders Stamp Set by Avery Elle, and coloured these in with the Zig Real Brush Colour Markers. After they were all coloured in, I then die cut them using the co-ordinating die set. (The tree was already die cut, see above).
- Next I worked on the watercolour card front using distress inks to ink blend a sky and grass, using the same ink colours as above. I then placed the tree upside down at left side of card, the owl on the tree branch and the two bunnies on the grass area. I used foam tape on all these animals and tree to give these some dimension.
- I stamped the grass stamp in clumps around the bunnies using the Pine Needles green ink.
- The sentiment is from the same stamp set and was stamped on white cardstock using black Archival ink and die cut using the banner die.
- I placed this across the top right hand side of the card using foam tape. I mounted this onto a 4.25” by 5.5” side folding card base.
Avery Elle / Woodland Wonders stamp and die
Bazzill Basics / Marshmallow Cardstock
Tim Holtz / Distress ink – Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters, Pine Needles
Tombow / Mono Aqua Liquid Glue
Lawn Fawn / Acrylic Block
Remember to check out our blog posts for fresh ideas