Hi, It’s Jeni with a faux shaker card. I love making shaker cards and I thought I would try a faux shaker card. I used the new stamp and die set by Concord and 9th and some blue shades of ink by MFT.
- I trimmed a piece of Neenah Solar White card to 10 x 14cm and stamped the solid stamp from the Pretty Petals stamp set by Concord & 9th in My Favorite Things Berrylicious ink and the detail stamp in and Tropical Teal ink.
- Lined up the co-ordinating die, held it in place with some Post It Tape and ran it through my die cutting machine.
Making Glitter Paper
- On a 4.25 x 5.5 cardbase I placed some redline tape along the lefthand side and covered the tape with superfine Nuvo glitter, placed some scrap paper over the glitter to burnish the glitter into the tape.
- This glitter is amazing! It does not come off!
- I did this on another piece of Neenah Solar White card , after cutting a banner end to have another piece of glitter near the sentiment.
In Lay Diecut
- To inlay the petals, I held the die cut piece in place and glued the petals in the spaces. They fit just like a puzzle.
- Then placed foam behind the die cut. I stamped ‘HAPPY’ from All Year Long and ‘RETIREMENT’ from Shine Bright onto a scrap piece of Neenah.
- I layered this slightly off the glitter strip and used foam tape to adhere this to the card.
- To create a faux shaker effect, I glued sequins and beads with Perfect Paper Adhesive.
- I placed more at the bottom of flower die cut – where they would naturally fall in a shaker pocket. I also glued a few around the flowers.
I love how sparkly this card is with super sparkly glitter and beautiful sequins!
Find these products in the shop:
Bazzill Marshmallow Card base 5.5 x 4.25
Neenah Solar White card
Pretty Petals Stamp and co-ordinating Die by Concord & 9th
Berrylicious and Tropical Teal inks by MFT
Attic Findings Embellishment Kit by Lilac Lane
Pure Sheen Diamond Glitter by Nuvo
Foam Tape and Post It Tape by 3m
Acrylic Blocks by Lawn Fawn
Redline Tape by Ranger
Tape runner by Stix2
Like us on Facebook @shopthelittlepapertree
And subscribe to our new YouTube video tutorial channel!