Hello, I just love this dog and cat stamp set by Avery Elle.
- I stamped one of the dogs twice so I could have three dogs, six bunches of flowers, three party hats and four balls.
- They are all in archival jet black ink onto Bristol Smooth card so I could use the clean colour real brush markers to colour them in. The colours I used will be shown in the list of items below.
- I then die cut all the pieces out with the co-ordinating dies.
- I trimmed two pieces of watercolour card to 11cm x 14cm – from one piece I die cut two grassy borders using the Grassy Hillside Border Die by Lawn Fawn, one higher than the other.
- For the panels I am using watercolour card that has some texture so I used my Precision Stamp Positioner to stamp the sentiments ‘Hot Diggity Dog’ and ‘Let’s Paw-ty!’.
- I placed the card into the corner, placed the stamp where I wanted it, closed the lid to pick it up, inked the stamp with archival jet black ink and closed the lid to stamp the sentiments.
- On the grassy hillside borders I ink blended Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn distress inks.
- For the top piece of the card I ink blended Tumbled Glass with a little Blue Print Sketch to create a ‘sky’ effect. I sprayed clean water onto these three panels with my distress sprayer.
- Let the water sit for approx. 20-30 seconds then blotted dry with a paper towel.
Finishing The Card
- I adhered the sky piece with stix2 tape runner to the top of a folding card base, one grass panel flat and the front grass panel with foam tape.
- Then I placed the dogs onto the card.
- Adhering with tape runner adhesive on the two grey dogs and foam tape on the tan dog. Hats were adhered to the dogs heads.
- I placed the flowers and balls around to finish the scene.
- For the finishing touch on the dogs I added a dot of black glaze pen to ‘pop’ their eyes.
The supplies I used to create this card are listed and linked below.
Bazzill Marshmallow Card base 5.5 x 4.25
More Furry Friends Stamp Set and Die by Avery Elle
Grassy Hillside Border Die by Lawn Fawn
Precision Stamp Positioner by WeRMemoryKeepers
Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass and Blue Print Sketch Distress Inks, Distress Sprayer by Tim Holtz
Foam Tape and Post It Tape by 3m
Acrylic Blocks by Lawn Fawn
Tape Runner by Stix2
Black Glaze Pen by Sakura
All these products are available from www.thelittlepapertree.com
Like us on Facebook @shopthelittlepapertree
And subscribe to our new YouTube video tutorial channel!