Hello! Yes, it’s me, Natalie, here with my last design team make for July featuring the ‘thanks’ stamp and die set from Diamond Press – as well as the gorgeous Indigo stamp set from Avery Elle and the beautiful Shimmer Powders from Nuvo; all available at The Little Paper Tree. As always, if you want to try your hand at this make, follow the product links at the bottom of this post.
To make this card follow these steps:
- Cut and fold a 5”x7” card blank from kraft cardstock. Also cut out a 5”x7” rectangle from watercolour card.
- Use masking tape to secure your watercolour card to your clipboard. This will reduce warping during the painting process.
- To paint the background, thoroughtly mist your watercolour card with water and sprinkle on Nuvo Shimmer Powders in whatever colour combination brings you joy! I used Green Parade, Atlantis Burst, Solar Flare and Blue Blitz. Using a wet brush, encourage the colours to mingle and to break up any clumps of powder. When you’re happy with your wash, dry it with a heat tool or a hair dryer. You can repeat this process a few times until you get the look you’re after.
- Next take a babywipe and the Catherine Pooler Geo Trio stencil, and lift off some of the background to create more interest. I think the patterns in this stencil go really well with the Avery Elle Indigo stamp set. Speaking of which …
- Using an ink that goes well with your chosen colours (I used Ranger Archival Ink in Library Green) stamp the Indigo stamps parallel to one another across the background. If your paper has warped too much for stamping, you can peel it off and tape it down to your clipboard again.
- Once your background is dry, use a trimmer to cut it down to a size that will sit nicely on your card blank. Next, mat it on black card then mount it onto the card blank using a tape runner.
- Take a scrap of kraft card and use the flag and heart dies from the Diamond Press ‘thanks’ stamp and die set to create your sentiment piece, and then stamp the ‘love u’ from this set in the same colour ink you’ve used for your background. If this doesn’t show up well on kraft card, use Ranger Archival Jet Black ink as this will go well with the black already present.
- Finally, finish the sentiment, by running a black marker around the edges of the heart and flag and mounting it onto the card with 3D foam squares.
And that’s it! Simple but striking.
Thanks for reading! Catch you later. xxx
WANT TO REMAKE THIS CARD:
STAMP, DIES & STENCILS
Diamond Press Thanks Stamp and Die Set
Avery Elle Indigo Stamp Set
Catherine Pooler Geo Trio Stencil
Nuvo Shimmer Powders – Green Parade, Atlantis Burst, Blue Blitz, Solar Flare
Ranger Archival Ink – Library Green or Jet Black
Bazzill Kraft card stock
Bazzill Black craft stock
Tim Holtz Distress Watercolour card
Stix 2 Tape Runner
Scrapbook Adhesives 3D foam tape
Ranger Foam Tape
Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer
Lawn Fawn Acrylic Block
iCraft Purple Tape
Cuttlebug Diecutting Machine and C Adapter Plate
Fiskars A4 Trimmer
Heat tool or hairdryer