Hello! It’s me, Natalie, here with the last post in my Nuvo Mica Mist series. So far, we’ve looked at using the mists with embossing folders, on white card and black card, with stencils and with other nuvo products in a mixed media art journal. Today, I’m going to show you how to use I used the Mists with dies and a paint brush. If you want to try out these sprays, or any of the other products, just follow the links at the bottom of this post.
So, to make this card follow these steps:
- Using a trimmer, cut your white card stock to make a tri-fold card approximately 5”x5”.
- Cut a window in the middle panel of your card, using a circle die. The size it up to you.
- Cut a piece of smooth watercolour card so that it is just smaller than your card blank.
- On your square of watercolour card, spray Nebula Blue Mica Mist at one end, and Fresh Pear on the other end. Before it dries, use a flat brush to brush the colours into a gradated wash so it looks like sky at one end and grass at the other, but blurry in the middle. I hope that makes sense!
- Dry the card with a hairdryer or heat tool, and repeat Step 4 to create a darker wash.
- While the background is drying, take a piece of textured watercolour card and spray it randomly with Violet Lustre and Turkish Rose. Dry it with a hairdryer or heat tool.
- Use the Lawn Fawn Stitched Kite Die to cut your kite from the pink and purple card. Also, use the Avery Elle Pierced Banner Layer Die to cut the larger swooshy banner from the pink and purple card, and the smaller swooshy banner from unpainted smooth watercolour card.
- Before assembling your kite, spray the frame piece with Antique Gold Mica Mist to help it stand out a bit more.
- Using Ranger Archical Ink in Jet Black, stamp the Happy Birthday sentiment onto the smaller swooshy banner. When you put the stamp on the acrylic block, you can curve it a little so that the stamped image swooshes with the banner.
- To assemble the card, using a tape runner, stick your background to the reverse of the window panel in the card blank. Next, draw a messy frame around your window using a black pen. Using 3D foam tape adhere the kite, and, then, using the Nuvo Crystal Glaze, stick the frame, tail and bows to the kite and card. Assemble the banner, and stick it to the card with 3D foam tape.
- Finally, add some extra interest and dimension by dotting Nuvo Drops on the background.
And there you have it: a lovely, shimmery, summery birthday card for the kite-lover in your life! If you’ve got any questions, drop them in the comments section and I’ll get back to you. I hope you’ve enjoyed this series and are having fun with your Nuvo Mica Mists. See you next month for more makes!
WANT TO FIND THESE PRODUCTS:
Avery Elle Sentimental
Avery Elle Pierced Banner Layer Die
Lawn Fawn Stitched Kite Die
Lawn Fawn Cross-stitched Circle die
Bazzill Marshmallow White card stock
Ranger Archival Ink – Jet Black
MISTS & DROPS
Nuvo Mica Mists – Antique Gold, Fresh Pear, Nebula Blue, Turkish Rose, Violet Lustre
American Crafts Precision Pen
Nuvo Crystal Glaze
Stix 2 Tape Runner
Scrapbook Adhesives 3D foam squares
Lawn Fawn Acrylic Block
Fiskars Paper Trimmer
Cuttlebug Diecutting Machine & C Plate
Wide flat paint brush