Hello! It’s me, Natalie, back with the second of two cards made using the Catherine Pooler Designs Starlight Stamp. This card is a pop-up card. I had lots of fun figuring how to make the stars jump up as the card was opened! As always, if you want to try your hand at this make, you can find the product links at the bottom of this post.
To make this card:
- Cut and fold a 5”x7” card blank from black cardstock.
- On a slightly smaller piece of white cardstock, stamp your choice of stars using Distress Oxides, making sure to overlap the images. I used Picked Raspberry and Salty Ocean. Once the ink has dried, stick the panel to the front of the card and use a black Gelly Roll Glaze pen to draw a messy frame around the outer edge.
- To create the sentiment panel, use embossing ink to stamp your sentiment onto a small piece of black card and heat emboss it using gold embossing powder. For extra sparkle, add some hand-drawn detail with the Gelly Roll Stardust pen and glue on some sequins. Stick the panel to the front of the card using 3D foam tape.
Pop Up Element
- To create the inside of the card, cut a card blank from white cardstock that is a little smaller than the black card blank. Stamp around the outside edges of this using the same Distress Oxides you used for the front.
- To create the pop-up element, stamp the relevent stars onto white cardstock. Once the ink has dried, fussy-cut them out and use glue dots to assemble them as shown in the photo. The trick is to fold the large bottom star in half from top to bottom so that it fits snuggly in the crease of the card. When gluing this star down, only glue the bottom third and encourage the top half to pop-up by adding a horizontal crease just above the glue-line.
- Once everything is stuck down and dry, use double-sided tape to stick the inner to the inside of the black card.
And there you have it! I think this card would be joyful way to say “congratulations” or “thank you” – it certainly has a lot of impact: open or closed.
Thanks for reading!
Catherine Pooler Designs Starlight Stamp Set
This is Natalie’s last blog post as a Design Team member. We thank Natalie for all the inspiration she shared with us and wish her all the best in the future.
Janet, Jeni & Milly