Hello! It’s me, Natalie, here with the first of two cards made using the Catherine Pooler Designs Starlight Stamp. I chose this stamp because it’s so versatile – stars are great for any occasion and this set comes with a few funky sentiments too. As always, if you want to try your hand at this make, you can find the product links at the bottom of this post.
To make this card:
- Cut and fold a 5”x5” card blank from white cardstock. Cut out a slighly smaller sqaure of black card, and a slightly smaller (again) square of bristol card.
- To create the background. Use sponge applicators to blend three distress inks over the whole piece of bristol card. I used Faded Jeans, Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers. Splatter on some water droplets and then soak them up with a piece of paper towel.
- Using double-sided tape, adhere the background piece, to the black card and the black card to the card blank.
- To create the stars, stamp the images onto black card using embossing ink and heat emboss them using gold embossing powder. Once they’ve cooled, fussy-cut them out.
- To create the shaker pocket, cut out a 3”x3” square of clear acetate. Add two layers of 3D adhesive foam around all four sides. Dust the insides with anti-static powder and then add a teaspoon or so of sequins. Stick the shaker to the front of the card.
- Using double-sided tape and glue as needs be, adhere the embossed stars around the edge of the shaker pocket.
- To create the sentiment, use the same gold embossing powder. I embossed the words “you’re a” onto black card before cutting it out and sticking it onto the background. I then embossed the word “star” directly onto the background. To help this word stand out more, I gave it an outline with a black Gelly Roll glaze pen.
And that’s it finished! I think card has a lot of punch and would be fun way to say “congratulations” or “thank you”.
Thanks for reading! I’ll be back later in the month with another card created using the Startlight stamp set. xxx
WANT TO FIND THESE PRODUCTS
STAMP & INK
Catherine Pooler Designs Starlight Stamp Set
Tim Holtz Distress Inks – Faded Jeans
Tim Holtz Distress Inks – Picked Raspberry
Tim Holtz Distress Inks – Peacock Feathers
Versamark Embossing Ink
Bazzill White cardstock
Bazzill Black cardstock
Strathmore Bristol cardstock
EMBOSSING & EMBELLISHMENTS
Goodbye Static Anti-Static Powder
Little Things By Lucy Sequin Sparkly Shaker Selection – Warm Golden Glow
Sakura Gelly Roll Glaze Pen Black
ADHESIVES & TOOLS
3M Scotch 3D foam tape
Ranger White Adhesive Foam
Be Creative Scor Tape
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue
Lawn Fawn Acrylic Block
Fiskars A4 Paper Trimmer
Tim Holtz Mini Snips Scissors
Tim Holtz Mini Foam Blending Tool
Tim Holtz Mini Foam Replacements
Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer
Tim Holtz Mini Ink Storage Tin