Hello! It’s me, Natalie, back with my second design team make featuring the ‘thanks’ stamp and die set from Diamond Press … as well as a few other bits and bobs from The Little Paper Tree, of course. As always, if you want to try your hand at this make, follow the product links at the bottom of this post.
So, to make this card follow these steps:
- Cut and fold a 5”x7” card blank from kraft cardstock, and a 4”x6” rectangle from watercolour paper, plus a black rectangle that is slightly larger.
- Using the Avery Elle Indigo stamp set, clear embossing ink and white embossing powder, heat emboss the rays of the sun onto the watercolour card.
- Once this has cooled down, tape it to a clipboard or other flat surface and liberally brush with water. You don’t want it soaking wet, but you do want to be able to see a sheen of water when you tilt it toward the light.
- Take whatever combination of Nuvo Shimmer Powders you like – I chose Cherry Bomb, Catherine Wheel and Solar Flare – and sprinkle them carefully over the wet card. Using a wet brush, encourage the colours to mingle in a sunsetty kind of way – reddy-pink at the bottom, orangy-yellow at the top – and break up any clumps of powder. Dry the card with a heat tool or hairdryer, but be careful not to melt the embossing. Actually, you could do the embossing after the painting; if you use the white (rather than clear) embossing powder, it shouldn’t matter what order you do it in.
- Next, take a scrap of watercolour card, and repeat step 4 with Solar Flare and a little Catherine Wheel. Once it is dry, use a circle punch to punch out a sun and then snip it in half with a pair of scissors.
- To create the sentiment, stamp the ‘thanks’ from the Diamond Press ‘thanks’ stamp and die set, onto what’s left of the sun-coloured scrap of card using Ranger Archival Jet Black Ink, then die cut it out using the co-ordinatling die. While you’ve got your diecut machine to hand, die cut the ‘2YOU’ out of black card as well.
- Assemble the card using a tape runner.
- Using Ranger Archival Jet Black Ink stamp the ‘many’ at the top of the background, and then mount the thanks and the half-sun onto the card using 3D foam tape. Stick the ‘2YOU’ on using a very small amount Nuvo Crystal Glaze. You might find tweezers helpful for this.
- To finish off, add some extra shine with Nuvo Metallic Drops in Bright Gold.
And that’s it! Another very shimmery and shiny ‘thank you’ card suitable for just about anyone. Thanks for reading! Catch you later. xxx
WANT TO MAKE THIS CARD:
STAMP & DIE
Avery Elle Indigo Stamp
Diamond Press Thanks Stamp and Die Set
Circle Die or Circle Punch
Metallic Crystal Drops – Metallic Bright Gold
Shimmer Powders – Cherry Bomb, Catherine Wheel, Solar Flare
INK AND EMBOSSING
Ranger Archival Ink – Jet Black
Versamark Clear Embossing Ink
Sweet Dixie Embossing Powder – White
Distress Watercolour card
Stix 2 Tape Runner
Scrapbook Adhesives 3D foam tape
Ranger Foam Tape
Nuvo Crystal Glaze
Lawn Fawn Acrylic Block
Goodbye Static Anti Static Powder Bag
iCraft Purple Tape
WRMK Precision Tweezers
Cuttlebug Diecutting Machine and C Adapter Plate
Fiskars A4 Trimmer