Hello! It’s me, Natalie, here with another design team, make for you. This month, I’m going to show you a couple of cards I made with the same stamp and die set from Diamond Press as well as a few other bits and bobs from The Little Paper Tree. As always, if you want to try your hand at this make, just follow the product links at the bottom of this post.
So, to make this card follow these steps:
- Cut and fold a 6”x6” card blank from kraft cardstock, and two 3.5”x5.5” (approx) rectangles from watercolour paper, plus a black rectangle that is slightly larger.
- Lightly spray one of the watercolour paper rectangles with Antique Gold Nuvo Mica Mist and set aside to dry.
- Tape your other piece of watercolour paper to a clipboard or other flat surface and liberally brush with water. You don’t want it soaking wet, but you do want to be able to see a sheen of water when you tilt it toward the light.
- Take whatever combination of Nuvo Shimmer Powders you like – I chose Cherry Bomb, Catherine Wheel and Solar Flare – and sprinkle them carefully over the wet card. Using a wet brush, encourage the colours to mingle and break up any clumps of powder. Dry the card with a heat tool or hairdryer.
- To add interest to this background, take a stencil – I used the Catherine Pooler Geo Trio stencil – and use a baby wipe to lift some of the colour through the stencil. Next, using a different pattern – this is where the Geo Trio stencil comes in so handy as it has three patterns in it – spray Silver Smoke Nuvo Mica Mist onto the background. Finally, you can add black spatters by mixing some Nuvo Black Ash Embellishment Mousse with a little water and flicking it over the background with a paintbrush. Set this aside to dry, or dry it with a heat tool.
- Using the Diamond Press Mini Nested Hexagon Dies and a manual diecutting machine, cut hexagons into the card that you sprayed with Antique Gold Mica Mist. To add some definition to the holes, draw around the outside of them with a Black Glaze Gelly Roll pen. You could also do this around the outside of the card, and add dots as I’ve done.
- To create the sentiment, stamp the ‘thanks’ from the Diamond Press ‘thanks’ stamp and die set, onto white card using Archival Jet Black Ink, then die cut it out using the co-ordinating die.
- To assemble the card, use a tape runner to stick the colourful background behind the piece with the hexagonal holes. Next, adhere this to the black card and then stick the whole piece to the kraft card blank. Stamp the ‘for everything’ onto the Kraft card and finally, adhere the ‘thanks’ diecut to the card, using 3D foam tape. To finish off, add some extra shine with Nuvo Metallic Drops in Bright Gold.
And that’s it! A very shimmery and shiny ‘thank you’ card suitable for just about anyone I reckon. Thanks for reading! Catch you later. xxx
WANT TO FIND THESE PRODUCTS:
STAMP, DIE & STENCIL
Diamond Press Thanks Stamp and Die Set
Diamond Press Mini Nested Hexagon Dies
Catherine Pooler Geo Trio Stencil
Ranger Archival Ink – Jet Black
Nuvo Mica Mists – Antique Gold, Silver Smoke
Nuvo Drops – Metallic Bright Gold
Nuvo Embellishment Mousse – Black Ash
Nuvo Shimmer Powders – Cherry Bomb, Catherine Wheel, Solar Flare
Bazzill Kraft card stock
Bazzill Black craft stock
Ranger Watercolour card
Neenah White card stock
Sakura Black Glaze Gelly Roll
Stix 2 Tape Runner
Scrapbook Adhesives 3D foam tape
Lawn Fawn Acrylic Block
iCraft Purple Tape
Fiskars A4 Paper Trimmer
Cuttlebug Diecutting Machine and C Adapter Plate