Which card do you need with which ink to get the best results… if you feel that some product is missing please let us know.
– Jet Black ink pad – Ranger – (felt pad) best for waterbased colouring and mixed media
– Tuxedo Black ink pad – Memento – (felt pad) best for alcohol colouring
Card For Watercolouring/Ink Blending
– Bristol Vellum card 100lb – Strathmore ***
– Bristol Smooth card 100lb – Strathmore ***
– XL Bristol (one side smooth, one side textured) card 98lb – Canson
– XL Watercolour card 140lb – Canson
– Watercolour card – Ken Oliver
Card for Alcohol markers (and stamping)
– Solar White card 80lb – Neenah (great for heat embossing too)
– Premium White card 100lb – Catherine Pooler Designs*
Card bases and Speciality card
– Not Your Mamas card 130lb – Brutus Monroe
– Classic Crest card 110lb – Neenah
– Premium White pre-scored card 100lb – Catherine Pooler Designs
– Heavyweight 40lb vellum – Bazzill Basics – suitable for heat embossing, alcohol and waterbased colouring (with little water)
– Lunch Bag card 100lb – Brutus Monroe – kraft coloured
– Raven card 100lb – Brutus Monroe – black coloured
Find the Basic Craft Tools (adhesive, stamping blocks, blending brushes, heat embossing tools, cleaning products) at this blog post here
*Heat setting may be required on non – Catherine Pooler Designs Cardstock.
** Jet Black and Midnight ink pad (both archival) will stain high-quality stamps, so ink lightly to ensure you only ink up the actual stamp part. Clean immediately with your favourite cleaner, such as Squeaky Clean stamp cleaner.
*** My most used card are these two Strathmore Bristol.