New to card making or just searching for a list of all the essential card making supplies in The Little Paper Tree? We have collated all the essential card making supplies from inks and acrylic blocks to stamp with, tools for heat embossing to tools for helping with embellishing your handmade cards and quality card and adhesives in this one post.
Ink for Stamping
- Midnight ink pad & refill – Catherine Pooler Designs – (foam pad) best for water based colouring and can be used for alcohol colouring* Also available in mini size *
- Catherine Pooler ink pads and refills are available in over 60 colours and TLPT’s favourite for colouring, stamping, blending and can also be used for heat embossing. Click here to find out all the ways to use Catherine Pooler premium dye inks.
- Acrylic Stamping Block – Catherine Pooler Designs
- Bright White superfine embossing powder– Wow!
- Metallic (Rich Gold, Pale Rich Gold, Silver – all superfine) – Wow!
- Halo embossing powder – Wow!
- Disco Ball embossing powder – Wow!
- Catherine Pooler embossing powder (All embossing powders inspired by Catherine Pooler) – Wow!
- Various Trio embossing powder sets – Wow!
- Classic embossing powder (Alabaster – white, Raven – black, Icicle – clear, Pearl – pearl, Marshmallow – snow effect) – Brutus Monroe
- Metallic embossing powder (Penny -copper, Gilded -gold, Sterling – silver, Golden Gourd – gold) – Brutus Monroe
- Sparkle embossing powder (Fairy Dust, Rainbow Sparkle, Raven – black, Milky Way, Jack Frost – Brutus Monroe
Tools for Embossing
- Mini embossing ink & refill – Brutus Monroe
- Magic Bag anti-static powder bag – Brutus Monroe
- Ultra-slow drying embossing ink pad and free style refill tool – Wow!
- Embossing pen – Wow!
- Mixed Media Embossing brush – Wow!
- Blending Buddy white bristle blending brush – sold singularly or in a bundle of seven brushes – Trinity Stamps
- Large Blending Brush with white bristles – pack of four brushes – Catherine Pooler Designs
- Small Blending Brush with white bristles – pack of four brushes – Catherine Pooler Designs
- Life Changing Blending brush – Picket Fence Studios
- Blending Brush Scrubber – Brutus Monroe
Embellishments and Tools
- Tidy Tray – Trinity Stamps
- Pick Up Stick – Trinity Stamps
- All the Trinity Stamps baubles and rhinestones, Catherine Pooler sequins and foils are in “Embellishments“
Card For Watercolouring/Ink Blending
- Bristol Vellum card 100lb – Strathmore ***
- Bristol Smooth card 100lb – Strathmore ***
- XL Bristol (one side smooth, one side textured) card 98lb – Canson
- XL Watercolour card 140lb – Canson
- Watercolour card – Ken Oliver
Card for alcohol markers (and stamping)
- Solar White 80lb card in packs of 25 sheets of 50 sheets – Neenah (great for heat embossing too)
- Large 250 sheet pack of Solar White 80lb card – Neenah
- Premium White card 100lb – Catherine Pooler Designs*
Card bases and Speciality card
- Not Your Mamas card 130lb – Brutus Monroe
- Classic Crest Solar White 110lb card in packs of 25 sheets of 50 sheets – Neenah
- Large 125 sheet pack of Classic Crest Solar White 110lb card – Neenah
- Premium White pre-scored card 100lb – Catherine Pooler Designs
- Heavyweight 40lb vellum – Bazzill Basics – suitable for heat embossing, alcohol and waterbased colouring (with little water)
- Lunch Bag card 100lb – Brutus Monroe – kraft coloured
- Raven card 100lb – Brutus Monroe – black coloured
Various patterned papers in different sizes by your favourite brands – Catherine Pooler Designs, Trinity Stamps, Elle’s Studio and American Studios
- Sticky Roll Precision – double sided adhesive sheet – Wild Spider Designs
- Easy Squeeze Crystal Clear glue pen – Brutus Monroe
- Easy Squeeze White glue pen – Brutus Monroe
- Mini Glue dots – Zot Dots
- Double-sided tape – Scor Tape
- Foam tape – 3M Scotch
- Small foam squares white or black – Scrapbook Adhesives
- Tape Runner and refill -Xtreme Tombow
- Stampers Roll (masking tape roll) – Wild Spider Designs
- Storage Pockets – Avery Elle
*Heat setting may be required on non – Catherine Pooler Designs cardstock.
** Catherine Pooler Designs Midnight ink pad is archival and will stain high-quality stamps, so ink lightly to ensure you only ink up the actual stamp part. Clean immediately with your favourite cleaner, such as Squeaky Clean stamp cleaner.
*** Jeni’s most used card for watercolouring are these two Strathmore Bristol.