Hello, I love finding new ways to use my craft products. I was looking at this die and instead of just “sun” thought “sunrise over a hill”. For my video tutorial today I use the Sunray slimline cover plate die by Catherine Pooler Designs as a scene for the Trinity Stamps adorable Mouse House mouse. Watch the full video tutorial right here in the blog and then read the written tutorial. All the products I use are linked within the tutorial and available from the shop. And don’t forget to join the Paper Tree Tribe group to share your makes.
Like this video? Please give it a big thumbs up (you can do this on Youtube, right under the video) and share it with a crafty friend! Leave a comment too, we love hearing from you.
BRIGHT SUNRISE SCENE CARD – 8.5×3.5″
- Trinity Stamps
- Catherine Pooler
INK BLENDING THE SCENE
- Die cut the Sunray slimline cover plate die from Bristol card.
- Place the die cut Sunray pieces in the frame and hold together with purple tape.
- Remove the curved piece and mask off the bottom part of the frame.
- Ink blend with Tiki Torch ink and Tiara ink for a bright yellow sunrise.
- Remove the masking tape and cover this yellow sunrise ink blending.
- Ink blend with Lime Rickey ink along the bottom of the frame, and the curved die cut piece.
- Stamp the mouse and cheese from Mouse House stamp set with black ink onto Bristol card.
- Colour with Catherine Pooler inks and Blending pen.
- Twilight ink for the mouse, Bellini ink for the ears and cheeks.
- Chiffon ink and Catching Rays ink for the cheese.
- Die cut all images with the coordinating dies.
- Stamp the sentiment from Mouse House on a white banner strip.
- Die cut Well Hey There die twice from white card, and layer both die cuts together.
- Trim the words from the frame.
MAKING THE CARD
- Adhere the Sunray die cut frame flat to a slimline card base.
- Die cut the Sunray die twice more from white card.
- And adhere these behind the ink blended die cuts for slight dimension.
- Next, adhere to the card base.
- Foam mount the mouse holding one cheese.
- With liquid glue, adhere the Well Hey There sentiment above the mouse and foam mount the sentiment banner.
- Use the other cheese as sequins/confetti pieces.
- Foam mount some cheese, and some flat to the slimline scene.
And the Sunray slimline scene card is finished.
Don’t you think this card is so fun and cute? The sentiment can be changed for a happy birthday, congratulations or any other sentiment for a fun scene card. (This card would be great for cheese lovers!) I will share another card with Mouse House stamp set as an Instagram reel later today.
Basic Card Making Supplies
Find more inspiration by Jeni here at the Tutorial blog