Do you find inspiration everywhere? I use the Sunshine Bee Designs Woodland Fox stamp and the Catherine Pooler Designs Bushels of Love stamp to make this fun autumnal themed slimline card. The weather has definitely turned autumnal here in Cambridgeshire and I use the Spa collection of Catherine’s ink for the more subdued low saturated colours.
Milly was having her after lunch sniff around the garden and I was looking at all the fallen leaves from our tree before heading to the craft studio. I wasn’t sure what stamp set to use and searched the shop for “autumn“. This slimline scene card is inspired by Tracy’s Autumn Adventure Panel.
Watch the video below and read on for the written tutorial. The products I use are linked within the written tutorial – click on the underlined words to visit the shop.
If the video does not display, please click here to watch on our YouTube channel. Like this video? Please give it a big thumbs up (you can do this on Youtube, right under the video) and share it with a crafty friend!
Background Ink Blending
- Ink blend with a blending brush on Bristol smooth card with Tranquil ink, Spruce ink and Eucalyptus ink.
- Add trees with Spring Day stencil and Icing On The Cake ink.
- Ink grass blades with Green Tea ink.
Stamping & Colouring
- Stamp the solid leaves from Bushels of Love with Peppermint Scrub ink, Mandarin Spice ink and Spruce ink. Both first and second generation. The apple is Peppermint Scrub ink.
- From Woodland Fox stamp, stamp two of the foxes and the smaller leaves.
- Colour the foxes with Icing On The Cake ink, Sand Castle ink and a blender pen.
- Stamp the wood sign from Bushels of Love with Sand Castle ink and Icing On The Cake ink.
- Stamp the rake with Deck The Halls ink and Twilight ink
- Die cut all the leaves, sign and rake with the coordinating dies. Fussy cut the foxes and leaves.
Making the scene
- Trim around the foxes arm and slip in the rake handle.
- Cut between the tines of the fork and add leaves to be ‘trapped’ in the tines.
- Adhere the fox, the wood sign and the fox with the rake with tape adhesive.
- With liquid glue, attach all the stamped, coloured and die cut leaves.
- Stamp the sentiment to finish the scene.
- Adhere to a 4×9″ slimline card base made from 130lb heavyweight card.
I hope you are inspired to look at how you can alter stamped images and will try an autumnal slimline scene card. If you do, please share them with us in the Paper Tree Tribe group on Facebook.
Find more inspiration by Jeni here at the Tutorial blog